compensation: $31,200 per year employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for cultivating, generating, and converting leads in order to increase girl and adult membership compliant with strategy goals. Responsible for timely placement of girls and adults by moving potential members through the system, finding them troops as needed, and assisting new members with registration process in Volunteer Systems in assigned geographic areas. Recruits, trains, and provides on-going support to administrative volunteers to enable them to extend Girl Scouting in a given geographic area. The Recruitment Specialist develops and implements plans for membership extension through the work of administrative volunteers and represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts and networking. This position is owner of the Opportunity Catalog and assures it is maintained accurate and current, within a specific assigned geography.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Works all council strategy to meet annual membership goals including new growth and timely placement of girls and adults.
2. Under the guidance of the Recruitment Manager, assist in the development and implementation of council and geographical membership/marketing strategies which focus on generating leads regarding designated zip codes within the opportunity catalog.
3. Recruits and supports community volunteers to build strong marketing & recruitment volunteer teams within the service units.
4. Organizes and coordinates information/promotional rallies or presentations for girls and adults through a variety of community venues to recruit girls and adult volunteers to provide leadership to Girl Scouts in all pathways as well as service unit and council volunteer positions.
5. Manages Opportunity Catalog in Volunteer Systems in coordination with Member Support Specialists to ensure accurate and clean data is available to the public.
6. Communicates with leaders in regard to placement of girls, management of their troop online, and changes within their troop.
7. Responds to automated queue tasks generated from Volunteer Systems within the established acceptable timeline.
8. Performs data entry into specific data fields using database commands, formats records as necessary into the council's integrated Volunteer Systems, and maintains confidentiality of all processed information based on standards set in the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
9. Has a clear understanding of Sales Force and the volunteer toolkit and is an active user and supporter, ensuring all leads are entered into the system while maintaining clean and accurate data.
10. Cultivates and maintains strategic relationships with local schools, parent organizations and community organizations to increase visibility and meet council strategy goals.
11. Collaborates with Youth Outreach Manager to address diverse community needs to ensure that racial, ethnic, and socio-economic diversity of the community is reflected in the membership.
12. Knowledge of and experience with Sandler Sales Techniques (or equivalent) or willing to be trained.
13. Special projects and other duties as assigned by Recruitment Manager and/or Director of Recruitment & Development.
• Knowledge of and documented success with Sandler Sales Techniques (or equivalent) or willing to be trained.
• Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment and post-employment screenings including, but not limited to, background check
• Ability to follow and maintain safe working practices at all times
• Ability to frequently operate office equipment including; key board, copy machine, fax machine, register, and multi-line telephone
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Ability to apply independent discretion within the boundaries of the position
• Maintain registration as a member of the Girl Scouts of the USA
• Possess and retain a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance
• Provide own transportation
• Ability to travel to various event and activities, including overnights
• Ability to work various days and hours including weekends and evenings
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written
• Bachelor's degree in Business /Marketing or equivalent in sales training and/or direct sales experience.
• Two (2) years' experience in sales, recruitment and marketing
• Documented experience in accurate and efficient use of computer system Sales Force or equivalent
• Ability to meet sales quotas and goals
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers