Job Title: Line Cook
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef and Sous Chef
This position is a support role that assists in preparations and delivery of food while following all recipes, direction and standards
expected. Participate in the overall guest experience while maintaining a safe and clean environment. Work as a team to deliver top
notch customer service.
High school diploma or equivalent education degree (GED) preferred but not required; less than one year related experience; or
acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare daily food items while producing consistently high-quality food.
• Prep and restock items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station and other areas of kitchen while practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
• Assist fellow staff members while working as a team.
• Assist in conducting month-end inventories.
• Perform at special events and off-premise functions, when needed.
• Attend pre-shift and other meetings.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies, skills and abilities:
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
• Possess creative ability.
• Ability to operate, clean and maintain commercial kitchen equipment.
• Upholds Odyssey Values and the principles of HEART.
• Adhere to safety and sanitation standards.
• Foster and promote a cooperative working climate.
• Display honest and ethical behavior.
• Uses time efficiently.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism while dealing calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
• Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating manuals, etc.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, use hands, hear, reach and taste and/or
smell. The employee is frequently required to talk, stoop and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must be able to work at a fast past for extended
periods of time in a high-pressure environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to wet, hot, humid conditions, chemicals or other solutions, fumes
or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, and moderate to loud noise conditions.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the
resort. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement
of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.