compensation: $49,500-$55,000 per year employment type: full-time job title: Wilderness Therapy Instructor
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for work where you can make a difference?
New Vision Wilderness (NVW), located in Medford, Wisconsin, is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention for struggling teens, pre-teens, and their families. With our relational approach and unique programming, NVW is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention. Located in the beautiful Midwest, staff who work in the Northwoods will love experiencing all four seasons in the natural setting of the pristine outdoors while also having access to trending cities like Saint Paul and Minneapolis, MN and Madison, WI.
New Vision Wilderness is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to enriching the therapeutic and healing experience through the diversity of its employees and community. New Vision Wilderness Therapy seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse staff who will contribute to the organization's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society.
• Wilderness Instructor teams (typically 2-3 staff members) will work with groups of 8-9 students for a week at a time maintaining the Safety, Structure, and Supervision of all students in program.
• Instructors are encouraged to "get in the mud" and engage in the games and activities with the students,
• The Field Team works closely with the therapeutic and experiential teams to assist with the students' relational and therapeutic growth and desired treatment outcomes.
• Qualified applicants will have either a bachelor's degree or have experience working with youth in an outdoor, educational, or mental health setting.
• Must possess a current first aid and CPR certification or obtain within 30 days of employment.
• Ability to pass a state background check.
• Able to commit to an 8-day on (24 hours)/6-day off schedule, Tuesday through Tuesday schedule
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Competitive salary - first year $50,000
• Benefits Program that includes medical insurance with a generous company contribution towards a high deductible plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, voluntary life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability, 401K with company matching, and paid maternity leave.
• Company Paid Time Off, Holiday Bonus, Referral Bonus Program.
• Bonus Pay for Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certified.
• Join a team of nationally recognized industry leaders who provide you with a framework of training, support, and long-term advancement opportunities.
• Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more!